The answer to the value of premium found in SE200
The SE200 is the second model from the Astell&Kern A&futura premium line of Digital Audio Players. After the first model SE100, we were once again thinking about the nature of the word premium and asked ourselves, "What is the value of premium in Hi-Fi and how can we express it with a product?" We decided to "Let's make One device that nobody can duplicate" We wanted to try something no one else has tried before, including Astell&Kern. The result is the SE200.
Equipped with the world's first Multi DAC (1x AK4499EQ + 2x ES9068AS)
Independent AMP structure designed to complement each DAC's characteristics and DAC Filters to create your own sound
Audio performance to feel premium Hi-Fi sound presented by Astell&Kern
Upgrades that add a Premium value experience
We introduce the second product from Astell&Kern's premium A&futura line, is the SE200.
We hope that you will experience our answer to the value of premium found in SE200.
World's First Multi-DAC DAP
The A&futura SE200 is the world's first Multi DAC player.
Since the release of the Dual DAC AK120 player in 2013, we have not seen any products feature more than Dual DACs in the last seven years.
This prompted us to ask the question, "Why hasn't there been more than two DACs in a player?" So, we set out to become the first manufacturer to use more than two DACs and the result is the SE200.
The SE200 features the latest audiophile DACs from ESS, the ES9068AS in a Dual DAC configuration. We then added a single AK4499EQ, AKM's flagship DAC that is used in our flagship SP2000. Combining the three DACs, we have produced the world's first multi-DAC DAP.
This pairing exhibits the philosophy of the A&futura line to pursue fundamentally different sound than found in typical DAPs.
To properly implement multiple DACs, we needed to spend twice the amount of time on development and double the amount of time in properly tuning the player.
Astell&Kern is not content to keep things the same all the time. We are constantly working to improve on what we have already achieved to bring the most accurately reproduced and best sound to our products.
Independent AMP Sections Designed to Match DAC Characteristics
The SE200 was not designed with one AMP circuit, but multiple, different AMP designs to optimize the different characteristics of the AKM and ESS DACs that are used in the player.
By separating the signals for each channel of Balanced and Unbalanced, we designed independent circuits that do not interfere with each other to provide the best sound possible.
Your own sound style
The SE200 goes beyond selecting the best DAC for type of music, you are listening to.
You can now further customize your sound by choosing from a variety of DAC filters provided by the DAC manufacturer.
With the SE200, you can now choose your own preferred sound profile.
Playback information reflected in the light
The SE200 features a volume wheel LED that displays a variety of music playback information including volume range, bit-rate of the track currently playing and the current DAC that is being used for playback of music.
* LED can be turned on or off according to user setting.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information. Astell&Kern SE200 includes MQA technology, which enables you to playback MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.
- Body ColorMoon Silver
- Body MaterialAluminum
- Display5.0inch (720 x 1,280) Touch display
- Supported Audio FormatsWAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playbackServices(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- Sample ratePCM || 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native|| DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output LevelUnbalanced|| AKM 3.0Vrms / ESS 2.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- BalancedAKM 6.0Vrms / ESS 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DACMulti DAC|| AKM AK4499EQ x1 (Single DAC) / ESS ES9068AS x2 (Dual DAC)
- DecodingSupport up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- InputUSB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- OutputsUnbalanced Out (3.5mm) x2 / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported) x2
- Wi-Fi802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- BluetoothV4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- Dimensions3.02 ”(76.9 mm) [W] x 5.20 ”(132.2 mm) [H] x 0.62 ”(15.8 mm) [D]
- Weight9.66 oz (274 g)
- Feature EnhancementsFirmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency ResponseUnbalanced|| AKM ±0.015dB, ESS ±0.023dB (Condition|| 20Hz~20kHz) / Balanced|| AKM ±0.010dB, ESS ±0.015dB (Condition|| 20Hz~20kHz)
- UnbalancedAKM ±0.050dB, ESS ±0.065dB (Condition|| 20Hz~70kHz)/ Balanced|| AKM ±0.030dB, ESS ±0.10dB (Condition|| 20Hz~70kHz)
- Signal to Noise RatioUnbalanced|| AKM 124dB, ESS 121dB @ 1kHz / Balanced|| AKM 125dB, ESS 123dB @ 1kHz
- CrosstalkUnbalanced||AKM -138dB, ESS -138dB @ 1kHz / Balanced|| AKM -144dB, ESS -144dB @ 1kHz
- THD+NUnbalanced||AKM 0.0003%, ESS 0.0006% @ 1kHz / Balanced|| AKM 0.0004%, ESS 0.0006% @ 1kHz
- IMD SMPTEUnbalanced|| AKM 0.0003%, ESS 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4||1) / Balanced|| AKM 0.0003%, ESS 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4||1)
- Output ImpedanceUnbalanced Out 3.5mm (AKM 0.7ohm, ESS 1ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (AKM 1.3ohm, ESS 1.6ohm)
- Clock Jitter25ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter200 Femto Seconds
- Capacity3,700mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer Battery - Continuous Playback TimeAbout 10 hours (Standard - AK4499EQ, MUSIC|| FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 50, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- About 14 hours (Standard - ES9068AS, MUSIC FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 50, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- Charge TimeAbout 2.5 hours (Standard - 9V/1.67A Fast charging)
- Built-in Memory256GB [NAND]
- External MemorymicroSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OSWindows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
Backed with a 2-year Astell & Kern warranty
As a company our primary goal is to provide a seamless service that results in customer satisfaction. We aim to deliver within 3 working days. Unfortunately, there may be occasions where this time frame may not be met due to unforeseen circumstances; in this instance, we deliver product/s as soon as we can. All delivery charges are included within the prices quoted, unless otherwise specified.
All small items are usually delivered between 9am and 6pm, on a Monday to Friday, unless a Saturday delivery is requested. Follow My Parcel is an industry-changing innovation from DPD Local, which will give your customers unparalleled levels of information and peace of mind.Not only will your customers receive a one hour delivery timeslot, but they’ll now also be able to track the progress of their parcels on a map as our drivers make their way to the delivery addresses. Follow My Parcel will: