ULTIMA PRE 2
The fully modernised ULTIMA PRE 2 is built to complement stereo systems of the highest order and represents the finest Chord Electronics engineering inside and out.
Just as a preamplifier should, the ULTIMA PRE 2 adds nothing to the original waveform and instead preserves it with zero colouration. This is thanks to our latest advances in switch-mode power supply design, developed from aerospace technologies, and our ultra-low-noise proprietary solid-state circuitry which is both carefully shielded and equipped with premium system components. As a result, the ULTIMA PRE 2 is able to achieve unprecedented noise floor performance of -130dB, meaning your source will always sound like your source and nothing else.
Where connectivity is concerned, the ULTIMA PRE 2 has hi-fi systems (and more!) covered. Featuring eight inputs, four stereo pairs of XLRs for balanced connections and another four RCA for unbalanced connections, each of these can be gain-matched and individually selected. For outputs, a single stereo pair is available via XLR or RCA, to accommodate a single stereo amplifier such as the ULTIMA 5 or a pair of monoblocks such as the ULTIMA 3s. Naturally, headphone users are catered for, too, for personal and late-night listening with the addition of a high-resolution 6.35mm output on the front fascia. Where system-triggering is important, (allowing the simultaneous start-up of connected equipment from a single button-press), the ULTIMA PRE 2 is equipped with three outputs which should be more than enough for most systems.
- Frequency Range2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion-115dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio-120dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation20Hz @ 100dB, 1kHz @ 95dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal GainAll inputs subject to six levels of switchable gain – x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x2.5, and x3
- Input Impedance100 kΩ Balanced – 50 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Power Consumption30w
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 133mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 173mm (h)
Backed with a 5-year Chord Electronics warranty
As a company our primary goal is to provide a seamless service that results in customer satisfaction. We aim to deliver within 3 working days. Unfortunately, there may be occasions where this time frame may not be met due to unforeseen circumstances; in this instance, we deliver product/s as soon as we can. All delivery charges are included within the prices quoted, unless otherwise specified.
All small items are usually delivered between 9am and 6pm, on a Monday to Friday, unless a Saturday delivery is requested. Follow My Parcel is an industry-changing innovation from DPD Local, which will give your customers unparalleled levels of information and peace of mind.Not only will your customers receive a one hour delivery timeslot, but they’ll now also be able to track the progress of their parcels on a map as our drivers make their way to the delivery addresses. Follow My Parcel will: