PLANAR MAGNETIC CLOSED-BACK OVER-EAR HEADPHONES
For a very long time, we could not make a decision to take this step – to release planar-magnetic headphones of a closed type.
We’ve done a lot of experiments and created a lot of prototypes. But we still did not dare to release this model. Why? Because we didn’t want our new model, which we put so much work and effort into, to be talked about in the same way that many audiophiles talk about the vast majority of headphones of this type. Here is one example:
“The day I discovered the sound of headphones in an open design I realized that I would never return to a closed design, because everything that suited me in them, in practice, turned out to be a negligible compromise! Planars have the right to exist only in an open performance!”
Isn’t that a very familiar mood of the review?
We wanted to get closed-type planar headphones, which would not be a compromise option for replacing open planars, but a wholesome alternative to them!
And after almost 2 years of effort, we are ready to show this model to you!
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
Kennerton Rognir is the first planar-magnetic closed-type headphones of our company, which sound on par with the best open-type models!
CUSTOM LITZ CABLE 2 X MINI-XLR / 4-PIN BALANCED XLR
In order to achieve the highest possible sound level, each pair of Rognir headphones is equipped with a custom hand-woven cable specially designed for it from a limited stock of vintage litzendrat of a special series produced in the 70s of the 20th century.
4 PIN BALANCED XLR- 6,3 TRS ADAPTER
To ensure maximum universal use with any amplifier, the Rognir is equipped with a custom cable with a 4-Pin Balanced XLR connector and a 6.3 mm TRS adapter made of the same material and technology as the cable itself.
WHY PLANAR MAGNETIC?
In our eyes, we see the perfect headphone as a cross-breed of the dynamic and electrostatic technologies combined into one. Whereby taking the airy and extremely detailed sound of an electrostatic driver, and combining it with the power and impact of dynamic transducers. This enables us to achieve a sound that’s both natural and engaging.
When we looked at the market to see what our competitors have been producing in the last couple of years, we were surprised to find that the most recent planar magnetic headphones all had the same design and thus also shared the same flaws. This indicated to us that the 35-year old planar magnetic technology hasn’t evolved with time.
We got to the drawing board and started to make our own drivers from scratch. One of our core goals was to minimize internal structure resonances and optimize sound wave patterns, in order to create a clear, low-distortion sound frequency. To achieve this, we created several patent-pending core innovations. Its magnetic structure is designed to eliminate both unwanted resonances, and unify magnetic field distribution over the total frequency range.
SO WE STARTED MAKING OUR OWN DRIVER FROM SCRATCH.
Our drivers are solely designed and produced in Russia, which involves a facility that also work for the aerospace and military industries, which ensures the highest quality and durability of our headphones.
• A new 80mm planar-magnetic driver, with every aspect of this technology being implemented, such as phase coherence, flat impedance and a low-mass diaphragm.
• Multi-layer 20 µm polyimide film diaphragm, tested to have the highest reliability and longevity in the most extreme environmental conditions.
• FEM-Optimized Magnet System with 10 neodymium magnets arranged in symmetric push-pull configuration.
• Unique semicircular bar magnets.
• A semicircular form, therefore, has many advantages over the ordinary rectangular shaped bar magnets: It gives a more uniform magnetic field, greatly reduces internal resonances and produces an optimal sound.
• Our driver allows greater sensitivity, thanks to its powerful magnets and low-mass diaphragm. It can therefore be easily driven by portable devices.
• The driver is made of a super strong and light material – Carbon.
- DriverPlanar Magnetic
- Driver Unit80 mm
- Frequency Response10-55000 Hz
- Sensitivity100 dB
- Impedance42 Ohm
- Cord lengthHigh quality 2 meters detachable copper cable 2 x mini-xlr / 6.3 mm
- Custom cableCustom litz cable 2 x mini-xlr / 4-pin balanced xlr
- Adapter4 pin balanced xlr / 6,3 TRS adapter
- Weight436 g
Backed with a 2 -year Kennerton warranty
As a company our primary goal is to provide a seamless service that results in customer satisfaction. We aim to deliver within 3 working days. Unfortunately, there may be occasions where this time frame may not be met due to unforeseen circumstances; in this instance, we deliver product/s as soon as we can. All delivery charges are included within the prices quoted, unless otherwise specified.
All small items are usually delivered between 9am and 6pm, on a Monday to Friday, unless a Saturday delivery is requested. Follow My Parcel is an industry-changing innovation from DPD Local, which will give your customers unparalleled levels of information and peace of mind.Not only will your customers receive a one hour delivery timeslot, but they’ll now also be able to track the progress of their parcels on a map as our drivers make their way to the delivery addresses. Follow My Parcel will: