On their own MR1 provides the foundation of a complete music system and with a turntable, you can be part of the vinyl revival. Also with their super high-quality aptX Bluetooth receiver, you can wirelessly stream your music to MR1 with CD quality sound.
A POWERFUL PERFORMANCE
For MR1 we’ve developed custom loudspeaker units to deliver sound performance that belies MR1s compact dimensions. Both the tweeter and bass units feature powerful neodymium motor systems which provide greater magnetic concentration, for better driver control, in a lightweight and fully magnetically shielded system.
Voice controlled devices from the likes of Amazon and Google are interesting technologies, but deciding which may be right for you and which will stand the test of time can be daunting. This is a key reason why all our products incorporate Bluetooth and auxiliary inputs, so devices such as these can easily be connected and enjoyed with our products class-leading sound. Also when technology changes (which it is bound to) then it is easy for you to upgrade as required.
MR1 Mk2 features a linear Class A-B amplifier with a quality switch mode power supply. Linear amplifiers are used in the world’s best audio equipment and in our opinion still offer superior performance when compared to new style digital amplifiers, which often sound unrefined in comparison. Linear amplification is another reason why MR1 sounds so good.
BLUETOOTH AT ITS BEST
Bluetooth’s ease of use has made it the foremost method for wireless audio streaming, working with virtually all devices and leading music services such as Spotify, Apple and Amazon Music. MR1 Mk2 with its high-quality aptX Bluetooth receiver allows you to enjoy this technology at its very best with CD quality sound.
EASY TO CONTROL
MR1 Mk2 features a control system which like our other products is slick and intuitive to use, allowing input and volume to be quickly changed, with pin-point LEDs indicating system status and source. In addition, source, volume and functions can be operated and set from the comfort of your chair with the supplied compact remote control.
A MINI MARVEL
MR1 is a high fidelity speaker miniaturised and like larger high fidelity speakers, its internal crossover plays a vital role in making it sound so good! Many compact speakers use a basic single component crossover for ease of assembly and cost, but for MR1 we’ve developed a multi-component network using the best grade components throughout.
With auto-standby, MR1 will automatically enter sleep mode if no signal is detected for a few minutes. This feature is particularly useful when using MR1 as a sound system for your TV as they will automatically wake and sleep as and when the TV is turned on or off. For use with computers, this feature can be disabled if required.
BEAUTIFUL AND ENDURING
MR1 is crafted from materials which we know from our experience provide the best sound quality. The fixed grille is clad in a unique British milled fabric from Camira that met our stringent requirement for both its attractive design and acoustic properties. The careful combination of materials also makes MR1 highly tactile and as good to touch as they are to see and hear.
MR1 features both an analogue and optical digital input allowing auxiliary devices to be easily connected. In particular, MR1 is an excellent addition to improve the sound of modern flat-panel TVs as the optical input provides the perfect connection point. MR1 also features a dedicated subwoofer output allowing an active subwoofer to be connected for extra dynamics in music and awesome movie sound.
DUO – UNO
Description of content
- Outstanding sound quality
- Hand crafted bass reflex tuned and damped enclosures
- Ruark Audio long throw 75mm woofer with powerful neodymium magnet system
- Ruark Audio 20mm treated textile dome tweeter with neodymium magnet system
- Built in Bluetooth with aptX for CD quality sound with compatible devices
- Linear Class A-B Amplifier, 20 watts nominal output
- Audio grade components throughout
- Compact remote control included
- Unique British milled grille fabric
- 2m quality braided speaker interconnect included
- Output for active subwoofer
- Digital optical input with adjustable attenuation
- Line-in audio input with switchable attenuation
- Auto Standby power saving function
- Pin-point LEDs show system status and source
- Compatible with BackPack battery pack
- Loudness function for improved sound at low levels
- Auto Mono operation (can also be used as a single unit)
- Available finishes Rich Walnut veneer, Soft Grey lacquer
- Dimensions H170 × W130 × D135mm each
- Weight 3.5 Kg pair